Make a difference and learn new skills as a trustee
Create You Arts are seeking to recruit a trustee with expertise in finance to support us as our charity continues to grow and flourish. Create You Arts provides artistic support to families who come together through adoption and children in care.
As a trustee you will be working mostly on a remote basis and attend around four to five trustee meetings per year.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of young people remains at the heart of how Create You Arts acts and what it does
- Champion the arts and it's ability to give people a voice
- Scrutinise our charitable decisions. Challenge us and hold us to account
- Being part of the board of trustees who act as the final decision-makers for the charity.
- Offer the executive strategy, scrutiny, and support.
- Advise the trustees on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic plans.
- A commitment to anti-oppressive practices, diversity and inclusion.
The skills you'll need:
- A commitment to the safety and wellbeing of families who come together through adoption and children in care
- Good with finances and scrutinising accounts
- Ability to work effectively with the founders and trustees. Being able to challenge and provide alternative perspectives.
It would be great but not essential if you had:
- Operational financial experience
- Experience of accountancy
- Lived experience of adoption or being a young person in the care system
If you are interested in applying for the role and would like to talk more about the position please contact Siobhan (email@example.com).
To apply please email Siobhan with your CV and a short cover letter